1. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
1.1 Cookies are small data files that are stored on your computer’s hard disk, on your tablet or on your smart phone. Cookies contain data that the website uses to optimise communication between you and your browser. Cookies do not identify you as an individual user, but they do identify your computer.
1.2 There are two types of cookies – temporary and permanent. Temporary cookies are data files that are deleted when you shut down your browser. Permanent cookies are data files that are saved on your computer until they are deleted. Permanent cookies delete themselves after a period of time, but they are renewed every time you visit www.normann-copenhagen.com
1.3 We use similar technologies, which save and read information in the browser or device and which use local devices and local storage, such as HTML 5 cookies, Flash and other methods. These technologies may work across different browsers. In certain cases, the use of these technologies are not managed by the browser, but require special tools. We use these technologies to store data that is used to ensure the quality of our services and to detect irregularities in the use of www.normann-copenhagen.com
1.4 A cookie may contain text, numbers or, for example, a date, but it does not contain personal data. A cookie is not a program and cannot contain viruses.
2.3 Before we place cookies on your device, we ask for your consent. In connection with this, you will be informed of the use and purpose of collecting data with cookies.
2.4 Necessary cookies for ensuring functionality and settings can, however, be used without your consent.
3. TYPES OF COOKIES AND THEIR PURPOSE
- Statistics, i.e. for measuring traffic, including the number of visitors at www.normann-copenhagen.com, which domains the visitors come from, which pages they visit at www.normann-copenhagen.com, and the geographic area of the visitors.
- Improve the functionality, i.e. improving the functionality and optimising your experience when visiting www.normann-copenhagen.com.
- Integrate with social media, i.e. allowing you to integrate with social media such as Facebook.
- Ensuring the quality of our service and preventing abuse and irregularities in connection with the use of our services.
- Displaying specific advertising at www.normann-copenhagen.com, which we believe would be relevant to you.
3.1 Third-party access;
3.1.1 3.1.1 We provide access to our subcontractors to gain insight into the content of the cookies placed by www.normann-copenhagen.com. This information may, however, only be used on our behalf and may not be used for the third party’s own purposes.
3.2 Third-party cookies
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics for statistical and marketing purposes.
- Facebook: We use Facebook for statistical and marketing purposes.
3.3.1 Most browsers allow you to delete cookies from your hard disk, block all cookies or receive a notification before cookies are saved. However, you should be aware that, in such cases, there may be services or functions that you cannot use because they require cookies to remember the choices you make. We hope that you will allow our cookies, as they help us improve www.normann-copenhagen.com
3.4 How to delete cookies
3.4.1 You always have the option to delete cookies saved on your computer.
- Instructions for deleting cookies in Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Instructions for deleting cookies in the Mozilla Firefox browser
- Instructions for deleting cookies in the Google Chrome browser
- Instructions for deleting cookies in the Opera browser
- Instructions for deleting Flash cookies – applies to all browsers
3.5 Google Analytics
3.5.1 We use Google Analytics to analyse how users use www.normann-copenhagen.com. The personal data that the cookies collect on your use of the site (traffic data, including your IP address) is sent and saved on Google’s servers in USA: Google uses personal data to evaluate your use of www.normann-copenhagen.com, prepare reports on the activity at www.normann-copenhagen.com and offer other services in conjunction with the activity at www.normann-copenhagen.com and the use of the internet. Google may also pass on personal data to third parties if required by law or if the third party processes personal data on Google’s behalf.
3.5.2 Google Analytics uses two types of cookies: (a) A persistent cookie that shows if the user is a returning user, where the user comes from, which search engine was used, keywords, etc., and (b) session cookies, which are used to show when and for how long a user was on the site. Session cookies expire after each session, i.e. whenever you close the tab or shut down your browser. Google does not link your IP address to other personal data that Google possesses.
4. HOW TO WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT
4.1 When we collect declarations of consent from visitors at www.normann-copenhagen.com, we use a module through which the user can also withdraw their consent.
4.2 If a declaration of consent is withdrawn, the data collection is halted and an automatic block is initiated.
4.3 Since cookies are actual files, they must be deleted manually from the device, either via the browser or using a program.