We are often asked where we find inspiration; the answer is that we are inspired and influenced by various creative fields and we enjoy working in the intersection of all artistic genres.
Over the years, it has been very natural for Normann Copenhagen to support numerous cultural initiatives within design, art, music, fashion, film and food.
In 2017 and 2018, we furnished CPH:DOX's festival palace at Kunsthal Charlottenborg with our furniture, designs and lamps. Today, the CPH:DOX film festival is one of the most significant documentary film festivals in the world.
We have signed a 3 years collaboration with CPH:DOX, Copenhagen International Documentary Film Festival and will support them again in 2019.
- Danish Design Dinner in Saint Petersburg
- CPH:DOX (2015-2018)
- John Kørner Exhibition: Altid Mange Problemer - Kunsthal Charlottenborg
- Eat Me - Contemporay Art Exhibition - Trapholt Art Museum
- Reflections - Aarhus European Capital of Culture 2017
- 'Blik for Blik' - Avantgarde Opera
- Copenhagen Contemporary
- Danish Design Now Exhibition - Design Museum Denmark
- Cph Art Week
- 100th Anniversary of Women's Right to Vote in Denmark
- Ai Weiwei's 'Ruptures Exhibition' - Faurschou Foundation
- Chart Art Fair - Copenhagen
- Asger Jorn Museum
- Time To Design - New Talent Award (2008-2014)
Since our establishment in 1999, we have supported our community through product sponsorship, product collaborations, events and charity auctions.
Normann Copenhagen supports many different charity causes. What they all have in common is that projects are chosen according to where we believe our contributions can make a significant difference and where more people will benefit from the sponsorship.
In 2013/2014, Normann Copenhagen’s founders Jan Andersen and Poul Madsen became members of Red Cross Club10. Together with the other Club10 members from that year over 2.564.280 DDK were raised for Red Cross.
Today, Poul Madsen and Jan Andersen continue to support Red Cross as members of Club100 – a network of people from the culture and business community raising money for aid work each year.
Child Cancer Foundation
Danish Refugee Council
Danish Center for Translational Breast Cancer Research (DCTB)
Danish Club of Washington DC
Danish Hospital Clowns
Dänische Seemanns Kirche
Hematology Department at Rigshospitalet
King Haakon's Church
Überbanko Team Rynkeby
and many more ....